With so much buzz lately about Hispanics and the mobile marketplace, I sought out to find some stats on some trends in mobile usage. Zpryme Research and Consulting recently produced a very extensive infographic on a study conducted known as the 2012 Hispanic mobile consumer survey.
Upon first glance I was a bit overwhelmed to see an overload of research data, but managed to pull some very interesting facts and information about Hispanics and the mobile marketplace.
The 2012 Hispanic Mobile Consumer
- Hispanics hold the title for the most wireless demographic (93.9% of Hispanics own cell phones, of which 51.1% own smartphones, 69.7% of Hispanics own laptops)
- Hispanics will spend $501.1 million this year on mobile applications alone
- The most popular app purchases are games (48.3%) and music (41.3%)
- Top Hispanic internet activities: Emailing (83.3%), Social Networking (66.5%), Viewing Videos/Listening to Music (52.4%), Paying Bills (48.9%)
- Over the next six months, 24% of Hispanics are more likely to purchase a smartphone over other types of devices
- 59.9% of Hispanics Don’t own a tablet (A Marketers dream here!)
- The daily deal site Groupon is vastly popular among Hispanics coming in at 40.4%
- Football/Soccer is the most favorite/viewed sport 29.3% (no surprise here)
To view full infographic click here
Sources: Zpryme Research and Consulting. (2012). 2012 Hispanic Mobile Consumer Trends